This home, called a “Sugar shack” because it was where workers of the sugar beet farms would live, was built in 1941 on John Beiswanger’s farm, six miles east of Picture Butte. The house was built with materials that were provided by the Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District (LNID). It was occupied by a Japanese family from 1941-1943 who worked on John’s farm. Later, this became home for Mr. and Mrs. Art Kasner and their three children from 1943-1951. It was moved to this museum in 2003, as one example of a prairie home of that era. It is currently being restored and will be our General Store.