This fire hall was built on its present site by the Picture Butte and District Volunteer Firemen’s Association. Construction on the hall was begun in May 2008, and all the work has been done by volunteers. The structure serves as home for the Picture Butte Number 1 Fire Truck. The truck is Picture Butte’s first fire truck. It is an International Seagrave Midship Pumper, and was purchased by the local Fire Department in 1956. After 20 years of active service in the Picture Butte Department, it was sold to Grassy Lake. In 1988, Grassy Lake retired it from fire service, and in 2001, one of our local firemen spotted it in a farmer’s field. Subsequent negotiations with the Grassy Lake Fire Department and the M.D. of Taber led it to being returned to Picture Butte in 2003. It has since been restored to a fully operational condition by the Picture Butte Volunteer Firemen’s Association.