This is the first Christian Reformed Church to be built in Canada and is symbolic of many churches built by pioneer communities of southern Alberta. It was built in 1905, four miles north of Monarch and was dedicated in 1909. The steeple was added in 1928. It was used for church serves in Monarch and district until 1949, then moved to Barons and used for two years. After, it stood vacant until it was moved to Champion in 1975 and served as a restaurant called “Prayrie Place”. In May 1989 it was moved to this location and restored over the next three years at a cost of $18,000. The church was rededicated in 2001 to the memory of the faith of our ancestors.