This building was converted into a post office in 1952 after the other two post offices in Burdett, a hamlet near Bow Island, burnt down. The Postmaster would live upstairs and enter by a small door in the ceiling. The mail would be delivered by train until 1960, when trucks would then carry the mail. Inside, there are two telephone exchanges, one from the Prince of Wales hotel in Waterton, the other from Lethbridge. Telephone exchanges were often housed in the Post Office as it was a central location in most towns. A new post office was built in 1988, which caused this one to close. It was then moved to Coyote Flats a year later.